Driving vans, minibuses and trucks
Vans are built differently than passenger cars. Please be aware of the following:
- Vans are fairly rigid. Keep low speed over speed bumps and over rough terrain.
- Vans are longer and wider than regular cars. Be careful when taking sharp turns.
- Van are normally higher than regular cars. Take care under bridges, overpasses and when entering public garages.
- The larger vans run on diesel. Remember this when refueling.
- Vans do not have the same acceleration as regular cars. Use caution when overtaking.
- Never reverse without having someone to direct you.
- Never drive with any of the doors open.
- Remember to lock the store room when leaving the car.
- Remember that the van is heavier than a passenger car, and therefore needs a longer distance to come to a complete stop. Keep a good distance from the vehicle ahead.
Good luck with your work!